Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason


I wanted to LOVE this movie. After-all, I adored the first installment. So, naturally, I was VERY excited to see this one. And, I have to say, I was let-down some. Not because it's not a cute, witty film (the first one was extremely witty), but because it's not AS entertaining as the first. Sequels do have a lot to live up to and this one, like most, falls flat, in comparison to the first. But, looking at the film on it's own, it is a sweet, funny romantic comedy that has a lot of problems (the jail scenes need to be MUCH shorter) but that basically is a cute, fun film. Starting from where the first film lets off (Bridget just snags Mark Darcy as her boyfriend and she's no longer a "singleton"), Bridget once again is up to her old tricks. Now that she HAS Mark, she tries her best to "get rid of him" by letting her paranoia get the best of her. Bridget is a very appealing character. She's like every woman. She's nuts at time. She's not bone thin. She makes a lot of mistakes. She's VERY imperfect. Why Mark (a heck of a lot more perfect than Bridget) would be with her is a mystery but doesn't every slightly chubby, less than gorgeous woman imagine Mr. Perfect on her arm. It's a film about watching someone live out her fantasies…and I'm sorry but I wouldn't mind doing that.

No comments: