Jersey Girl


To be honest, I am not a Ben Affleck fan. And I have seen many of Kevin Smith’s films and am not crazy about him either. So, I went into watching this movie with no expectations whatsoever. I chose to watch the movie, on an airplane, only because I had seen all of the other selections. After saying that, I find it all the more surprising that I loved this movie. Even Ben Affleck didn’t bother me as I became entranced in the story and with the characters. Affleck plays an entertainment publicist who, right at the beginning of the film, falls in love, marries, and prepares for fatherhood. After his wife dies in childbirth, he has to find a way to combine a tough business persona with that of a loving, compassionate father. It is a heartwarming film that does not have as many of the predictable elements most films of similar themes have. It has characters you fall in love with, who can melt your heart just by giving the right kind of look. It’s not the best film ever made, but it is one of the best of its kind made in recent years.

No comments: