Fawlty Towers


There are just some things that make people laugh. And, no matter how many times I watch it, Fawlty Towers is my thing. I finally had to buy the set since I don’t think I’ve ever really seen an episode uninterrupted since I’m always in fits of giggles. Shot in the mid-to-late 1970s in England, this show is a true cult classic…still on public television late at night sometimes and still has a VERY loyal, avid fan base…both in Britain and around the world. The premise all stems from the B&B in Torquay, England run by a husband and wife team, Basil and Sybil Fawlty. There is the flighty receptionist, the temperamental chef, and a whole cast of guests who are not exactly getting the best service possible. Only 12 episodes were produced but each of them is funnier than the next. Yes, humor is relative so what I find funny, you might not. But, give this one a try. Chances are, you will, at the VERY least, find it entertaining.

No comments: