Doubt


A great movie that actually makes its audience think. I know -- THE HORROR, THE HORROR. We have to THINK! A tough, hard film, Doubt is superbly acted and scripted. Why is it hard? Well, it deal with one of our most taboo subjects -- priests and young boys and doing more than sipping the alter wine together. Meryl Streep places a nun running a school in the early 1960s. Philip Seymour Hoffman plays the attached church's priest. There is some suspicion about him with the alter boys, but Streep doesn't have any proof. She just has her doubts. I walked out of the theater thinking I had just seen a good movie and that would be the end of it...but it stuck with me. I couldn't stop thinking about it. Did he or didn't he? Did Streep's nun do the right thing? What would have been a better solution? Etc... Sadly, most movies today don't even make your brain click on. So, when one comes around where it keeps your thought processes going for days...it's a keeper!

No comments: